At Miles Partnership, we are passionate about travel and use the most effective, results-driven solutions to tell the stories of our destination clients and share experiences that inspire visitors. It’s an exciting time for us, as we continue to grow and add to our team. As such, we are currently seeking a Relationship Director and Marketing Strategist who demonstrates the following skills and brings the following experience:
- 10+ years experience in travel, tourism and/or hospitality sectors within New Zealand and South Pacific
- 5+ years of directly related experience in strategic marketing, digital marketing or a client-based service role
- 2+ years of experience functioning at the Account Director level, managing large accounts
- Able to build, effectively manage and maintain client relationships
- Able to generate interest from potential clients and convert interest to contracts
- Proficient with marketing best practices and online advertising techniques, including social media, SEO/SEM, email marketing, Mobile, etc.
- Solid understanding of B2C and B2B marketing principles
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to successfully communicate complicated information to both internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Able to think strategically and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to respond positively to client and peer criticism and feedback
- Able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment
Job Snapshot: As a key member of the Miles Partnership team in South Pacific, this role will be consulted and involved in strategic decisions about the growth and direction of the company. The primary responsibility of the Relationship Director and Marketing Strategist is the development of new clients in New Zealand and the South Pacific. This responsibility also extends to maintaining existing client relationships with a particular focus on identifying opportunities to grow existing services and add new services. Emphasis in the first twelve months will be on closing contracts with ongoing (monthly) revenue.
This role is primarily client-facing in the region, and as such, requires travel within the region to attend events, meet clients and potential clients and develop relationships with key industry leaders and to accurately represent the capabilities of Miles Partnership. This requires excellent understanding of Miles Partnership products, services, capabilities and capacity.
The Relationship Director and Marketing Strategist will usher clients through the contract process and remain involved after work begins in a relationship capacity focused on keeping clients happy and listening to their needs to identify opportunities for additional work and avoiding potential issues. This role will not be responsible for execution of contracted work which is to be handled by the operations lead.
- Identify leads, position the company with clients and arrange pitches for appropriate new work.
- Collaborate with the Auckland-based team to create pitches for products and services
- Achieves or exceeds revenue goals set forth in written pay plan
- Develops new business through referrals from existing customers, utilizing of industry-related publications/networking with industry peers to develop prospective clients
- Consistently uses CRM and maintains the records in a database, including accounts, contacts, and opportunities
- Cultivates an understanding of existing customers and prospects’ businesses. Proactively consults with them regarding their current and future needs
- Serves as the go-to person that communicates the customer’s needs to the Miles Partnership’s internal support teams
- Build relationships with stakeholders in the client’s tourism industry, as well as, explore new business opportunities
- Leads the strategic marketing with Miles Partnership’s clients across multiple digital channels, (web, email, media, and social)
- Represents Miles Partnership and client accounts at all client meetings
- Ensures all contractual requirements are consistently being met with the client
- Manage communication with the client, reporting on project status and deliverables
- Provide strategy consultation and execution of relevant marketing work (20-30% of monthly hours)
- Create internal marketing plans, direct content creation, and set advertising spends/sponsorships with industry associations (10% of monthly hours).
- Travel within New Zealand and occasionally South Pacific Islands, including occasional overnight stays.
Miles partnership is a globally recognized and award-winning travel and tourism marketing agency in operation for over 50 years. Our small team in Auckland is supported by over 250 employees in offices across North America. We’re committed to aggressive growth in New Zealand and South Pacific in the coming years, and are looking for a special someone to be an integral part of that growth.
If you’re multi-talented, have a great tourism background, are great with people and want to make a big difference in this part of the world – we want to hear from you!
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus performance-based bonus.
Miles Partnership is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our staffing and encourages applications from all qualified and experienced candidates.